Dear Parents, Carers, Guardians and Students,
CONTACT WITH THE COLLEGE THROUGH THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
I will be continuing to provide updates, when needed, to parents, guardians, carers and students throughout the school holidays via Compass and the Bright Parents and Community Facebook page.
However, if you have specific questions over the holidays, the Bright P-12 College phone will continue to be monitored on a roster (03 57551166), and messages can be left and will be responded to within two business days. The general school email firstname.lastname@example.org is the best electronic contact for inquiries and emails will be responded to within two business days.
Alternatively, contact me directly via email email@example.com or via mobile phone 0428 356 150.
Thank you for your support and goodwill during the last couple of weeks as this situation developed and interrupted our normal routines and expectations. I would like to assure you that if we go to Remote Learning next term we'll be there to support you and your child to the best of our abilities. We have made significant ground over the last couple of days preparing for the possibility of Remote Learning and I am confident that, together, we can do this well.
TEACHING AND LEARNING NEWS
Prep- Grade 4 Teaching and Learning update
(Georgie Matters & Zerlina Green - Primary Teaching and Learning Leaders)
We apologise if there was any confusion in regards to your child's ‘Remote Learning Packs’. We would like to clarify a few things.
- There has been ONE ‘Remote Learning Pack’ prepared for each of the Prep to Year Four students.
- If students were at school on Monday they were given their year level’s ‘Remote Learning Pack’ to take home.
- Students that have not yet received a ‘Remote Learning Pack’ need to come and collect them from the library. All the packs have your child's name on them and only need to be picked up if they did not receive them on Monday.
- For Years One to Four there is a ‘Learning from Home’ letter that has been uploaded to Compass to assist you with Remote Learning. Please contact your class teacher if you are unable to access this.
- The work has been designed to be started Term 2 Week 1 (Wednesday 15th April).
Further information and direction will be given if and when Remote Learning. Please keep up to date on Compass and do not hesitate to email us if you have any queries or concerns.
Years 7-12 Teaching and Learning update
(Libby Dean and Mel Worth - Secondary Teaching and Learning leaders)
Teachers are collaboratively planning from home using an online platform, to prepare for the possibility of delivering their classes remotely in Term 2.
Year 7 - 12 assessment tasks were cancelled for this week and so due dates are being removed from Compass Learning Tasks in applicable subjects for the time being.
VCE teachers are making contact with classes via email regarding expectations for holiday homework tasks.
We would like to thank students, parents and staff for their understanding, adaptability and resilience as we all work together for the best education outcomes for all students
Bright P-12 College