This year 23 Bright competitors were selected for O&M Swimming based on their results from our recent House Swim Carnival. This event saw Bright compete against 8 other schools within the Ovens and Mitta Zone. For such a small contingent and also for a school without regular access to a pool facility within the town, the team had multiple successes with many competitors placing for a podium finish.
- Erin McCormack 1st in 100m butterfly
- Maddie Hewitt 1st in 50m butterfly
- Allison Williams 1st 50m butterfly, 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke
- Max Brotto 1st in 50m butterfly, 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke
- Leia Pywell 1st in 100m backstroke
- Nicola Smith 1st 50m backstroke
- 16yr old girls freestyle relay team 1st, Tessa Williams, Allison Williams, Arliya O’Keefe, Nicola Smith
Also of note were our age group champions – Nicola Smith, Max Brotto and Allison Williams, who competed outside her age group for the day and still won age group champion.
These results (and results of 2nd place getters) mean that 17 swimmers have qualified for Hume Regional Swimming Finals on Tuesday March 15.
The combined results of all our swimmers collectively placed our school 2nd overall in the region which is a truly fantastic effort. Well done to everyone who participated to achieve this great result and also special thanks to John ‘Doddsy’ Dodd for his help with the timing together with Lisa Williams and Andrea McCormack.