Student Code of Conduct
Bright P-12 College values self-discipline, motivation and respect for the rights of others in an environment which encourages excellence. Cooperation and support for each other are key elements.
All Students Have the Right:
- For themselves and their property to be treated with respect.
- To be encouraged to develop their talents, interests, ambitions and skills.
- To work and play in an orderly, co-operative and safe environment.
- To be listened to and participate in the relevant decision making processes of the College.
- To an environment free from bullying and harassment
- To a full knowledge of course and assessment requirements
- To an acceptance of difference as a consequence of disability or impairment, culture, race or gender
- To actively participate in learning activities.
- To care for their property and respect the property of other students and the College.
- To follow the reasonable instructions issued by all staff of the College.
- To treat all members of the College Community with courtesy and respect
- To assist in providing a safe and effective work environment.
- To attend all classes and activities punctually.
- To positively promote the College by the manner in which they behave when wearing the College uniform, or when participating in College activities
- To comply with College rules, policies and expectations.
- To provide a supportive and safe environment.
- To deliver a challenging and stimulating curriculum.
- To provide regular reports on all aspects of student progress, learning and attendance.
- To provide effective and varied learning experiences within the formal curriculum and in other programs.
College Expectations of Parents/Guardians
- To support College rules, policies and expectations eg. Uniform and reporting absences punctually
- To encourage their children to attend school everyday and to participate actively in the College program.
- To respond to requests for teacher/parents/student conferences.
- To encourage their children to complete homework and home study, and to regularly check Compass for student allocated Learning Tasks.
- To inform the College of any circumstances which may have an impact on a student's performance or behaviour.
- To support the College in establishing and maintaining a positive teaching and learning environment.
Breaches of the College’s expectations of students will have consequences that are documented within the policy statements and operational guidelines found in the Policies and Procedures menu.